For questions and inquiries please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
To receive financial assistance from Families Fighting Cancer in the Sea to Sky please read the eligibility criteria and fill in the application bellow.
1. Applicant must be diagnosed with cancer and be a child (age 18 and under) or a parent with dependant children (age 18 and under)
• Be currently in active curative or palliative treatment (surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy)
• Be in the first year of post-treatment recovery
2. Be a permanent resident residing in the Sea to Sky corridor (Squamish, Whistler, Pemberton)
3. Documents to include with your application
• A copy of proof of Sea to Sky residency, such as drivers licence, utility bill
• Medical proof of cancer diagnosis/treatment in progress or scheduled, such as
• An official medical report
• A letter on the official letterhead of the healthcare institution where you are being treated
• Physicians letter
5. Processing time: As soon as we receive your application, we will acknowledge receipt. If any documents are missing we will advise you as soon as possible. Once we have the completed file you will be notified of our decision within approximately 10 business days, including the total amount of assistance granted. Cheques are issued bi-weekly from Sea to Sky Community Services.
6. Confidentiality: All personal information provided to Families Fighting Cancer In The Sea To Sky will be handled in a confidential manner and is protected under the Privacy Act (Canada).
7. Help With The Application Process: If you need help completing your application for financial assistance, do not hesitate to ask up for support. We would be happy to set up an appointment with you.
Eligible and Ineligible Expenses
• A maximum of $3000 per calendar year may be requested and allocated for each application for financial assistance. There is no minimum.
• An assessment of your financial situation is made to confirm the eligibility of your request for the financial assistance program. Once the assessment is complete, the amount granted may differ from the requested amount.
EXPENSES RELATED TO CANCER DIAGNOSIS, TREATMENT OR COMPLICATIONS
• Medications not covered by BC Medical Services
• Transportation to/from appointments or treatments related to cancer (e.g. parking, fuel, taxi, bus)
• Food (groceries/restaurant) related to medical appointments/treatment
• Medical Aide/housekeeper at home during treatment.
• Accommodations during treatment, in order to stay closer to the treatment location.
• Psychological consultations/participation in group therapy/workshops for patients.
• Complementary treatments (e.g. massage, naturopathic therapy)
• Groceries (except alcohol, tobacco, newspapers, lottery tickets)
• Essential Utilities (hydro, water)
EXAMPLES OF INELIGIBLE EXPENSES
• Credit card bills or other debt.
• Automotive repairs
• Cable or other television bills, internet
• Home, auto, life or other insurance premiums
• Medications and expenses that are not in your name
• Expenses related to care received at private clinics if such services are available through the public healthcare system.